It's wonderful if you have a significant other, but you can also enjoy
The limoncello mousse comes to you complements of my celebrity food stylist and producer buddy
Either one of these desserts take little time to prepare leaving more time to celebrate love with you family or friends. Enjoy.
8 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup crème fraîche
6 egg whites
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
Chocolate curls or grated chocolate
1. In the top part of double boiler, combine the chocolate and butter on medium heat and melt slowly. When melted, add the egg yolks and beat them into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Let cool.
2. Add the crème fraîche to the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until it is well blended.
3. In a large mixing bowl, or electric mixer, beat egg whites with salt until very stiff.
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg whites and folding carefully, making sure that there are no lumps. Pour into a 1 quart serving bowl or individual serving goblets and chill at least 2-4 hours or until completely set.
5. To decorate, fit a small star tube into a pastry bag and carefully put the whipped cream inside. Pipe the whipping cream around the outside of the rim. Garnish with chocolate curls. Or, if you don't have a pastry bag, decorate each serving with whipped cream and the chocolate curls.
To make chocolate curls, use a swivel peeler and shave off chocolate. You could also grate chocolate over the whipped cream.
Makes 6 servings
1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup super fine baker's sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup limoncello
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup crumbled amoretti or biscotti cookies
6 cookies for garnish
1. Place mascarpone cheese, sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of limoncello in a small bowl and whisk together for 4-5 minutes.
2. Place cream in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
3. Add mascarpone mixture to cream. Fold gently to combine.
4. To serve, put half of the crumbled cookies in the bottom of small dessert glasses. Spoon half the limoncello mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumbled cookies. Dollop remaining limoncello mixture on top.
5. Gently pour a bit of limoncello on top to create a float. Garnish each glass with a cookie just before serving.